Il Balletto di Bronzo – Sirio 2222 (Japanese Edition) 
Il Balletto di Bronzo is an italian Rock band formed in late 60s. “Sirio 2222” was their first LP published in 1970. It is a good mix of rock, pop, classical music, beat and psychedelic sounds influenced by Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin.
It’s one of the first progressive-rock-oriented album made by italian music scene. After this first issue, the band changes the style with their second groundbreaking LP “YS” after the departure of vocalist Marco Cecioni and bass player Michele Cupaiolo. YS is more “progressive” and all the tracks are part of a musical story. Sound is really original, good played, over-elaborated but really interesting. Unfortunately italians snubbed both albums and Il balletto di bronzo disbanded few years after “YS”. The band came back in 90s with Gianni Leone as a frontman. Now they are playing all over the world and are very poular in places like Japan, Chile annd Mexico.
Marco Cecioni – vocals
Michele Cupaiolo – bass
Lino Ajello – guitar
Giancarlo Stringa drums
- Un posto ( Giacomo Simonelli, Della Bruna e Enzo Gioieni) – 3:20
- Eh eh ah ah (lyrics and music by Giacomo Simonelli) – 3:57
- Neve calda (lyrics and music by Giacomo Simonelli and Emilio Iarrusso) – 2:54
- Ma ti aspetterò (lyrics and music by Giacomo Simonelli) – 3:18
- Meditazione (lyrics and music by Giacomo Simonelli and Della Bruna) – 3:51
- Girotondo (lyrics and music by Giacomo Simonelli) – 3:12
- Incantesimo (lyrics and music by Giacomo Simonelli) – 6:45
- Ti risveglierai con me (lyrics by Giacomo Simonelli; music by Piero Umiliani) – 2:39
- Missione Sirio 2222 (lyrics and music by Giacomo Simonelli) – 9:39
Do you want more??
Gianni Leone short Interview @ Baja Prog Festival, Spain (2007)
“Meditazione / Meditation” from “Sirio 2222”
– Second encounter from “YS”